South African artist Mary Sibande recently caught up with us from her home in Johannesburg, to let us know how she’s coping under lockdown, how the pandemic has affected her art making, and what her thoughts are about how her community is reacting to the rapidly changing conditions.
View the interview and more in our Viewing Room
- Beverly Fishman | Perceiving Reality in an Alternate Universe August 23, 2022
- SKIN + MASKS | Nikko Washington: Boxing by Way of Painting August 12, 2022
- Jeffrey Gibson Speaks to the Spirits August 6, 2022
- Celebrating James Little at the 2022 Whitney Biennial March 31, 2022
- BASIL KINCAID DISCUSSES MEANING AND SYMBOLISM IN HIS NEW QUILTS June 29, 2021